S. R. O. Ball Bearing Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
|||
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown) | |||
Line 2: | Line 2: | ||
[[Image:Im19220228CM-SRO.jpg|thumb| February 1922. ]] | [[Image:Im19220228CM-SRO.jpg|thumb| February 1922. ]] | ||
S. R. O. Ball Bearing Co, Oerlikon, Switzerland | |||
1920 Proprietor | 1920 Proprietor of UK branch was [[Gordon Richards]]. | ||
The company was founded by Jacques Schmidt, who named it S.R.O. (S for Schmidt, R for Roost, his wife’s surname, and O for Oerlikon). SRO opened a factory in Annecy, France to supply the French military aeronautic industry during WWI. More French factories were opened, and after WWII, the Annecy factory was sold to Renault National State controlled factories, creating SNR in 1946. Now owned by NTN of Japan. More information [http://www.ntnamericas.com/en/about-ntn/brands/snr here]. | |||
1923 Petition to wind up [[Belsize Motors]] by [[S. Wolf and Co]] and [[Gordon Richards]], of [[S. R. O. Ball Bearing Co]], both of 115 Southwark Street, London<ref>London Gazette 13 April 1923</ref> | |||
== See Also == | == See Also == | ||
Line 13: | Line 18: | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: }} | {{DEFAULTSORT: }} | ||
[[Category: Town - London]] | [[Category: Town - London]] | ||
[[Category: Country - Switzerland]] | |||
[[Category: Bearings]] | [[Category: Bearings]] |
Latest revision as of 11:46, 21 March 2024


S. R. O. Ball Bearing Co, Oerlikon, Switzerland
1920 Proprietor of UK branch was Gordon Richards.
The company was founded by Jacques Schmidt, who named it S.R.O. (S for Schmidt, R for Roost, his wife’s surname, and O for Oerlikon). SRO opened a factory in Annecy, France to supply the French military aeronautic industry during WWI. More French factories were opened, and after WWII, the Annecy factory was sold to Renault National State controlled factories, creating SNR in 1946. Now owned by NTN of Japan. More information here.
1923 Petition to wind up Belsize Motors by S. Wolf and Co and Gordon Richards, of S. R. O. Ball Bearing Co, both of 115 Southwark Street, London[1]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ London Gazette 13 April 1923