Granton Harbour: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
|||
(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown) | |||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
Construction began in June 1837 and the initial central pier was opened on 28 June 1838 | |||
Lighthouse engineer [[Robert Stevenson]] oversaw the later construction of the outer breakwaters, which were completed in 1863. Thereafter the Resident Engineer was [[John Howkins]], followed by his son, also John Howkins | |||
== See Also == | == See Also == | ||
<what-links-here/> | <what-links-here/> | ||
Line 6: | Line 10: | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: }} | {{DEFAULTSORT: }} | ||
[[Category: Town - ]] | [[Category: Town - Edinburgh]] | ||
[[Category: Harbours, Ports and Docks]] | [[Category: Harbours, Ports and Docks]] |
Latest revision as of 09:18, 15 January 2025
Construction began in June 1837 and the initial central pier was opened on 28 June 1838
Lighthouse engineer Robert Stevenson oversaw the later construction of the outer breakwaters, which were completed in 1863. Thereafter the Resident Engineer was John Howkins, followed by his son, also John Howkins