Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,713 pages of information and 247,105 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Weir Foundries: Difference between revisions

From Graces Guide
PaulF (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
AlexR (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
1958 [[G. and J. Weir]] and [[Catton and Co]] combined their (steel and non-ferrous metal) foundry operations in a new company [[Weir-Catton]] which would acquire Cattons and Argus foundry from Weirs; the name of Argus foundry was changed to [{Weir Foundries]]<ref>The Times, Jul 17, 1958</ref>
of Thornliebank, Glasgow
 
1958 [[G. and J. Weir]] and [[Catton and Co]] combined their (steel and non-ferrous metal) foundry operations in a new company [[Weir-Catton]] which would acquire Cattons and Argus foundry from Weirs; the name of Argus foundry was changed to '''Weir Foundries'''<ref>The Times, Jul 17, 1958</ref>


== See Also ==
== See Also ==
Line 8: Line 10:


{{DEFAULTSORT: }}
{{DEFAULTSORT: }}
[[Category: Town - ]]
[[Category: Town - Glasgow]]
[[Category: Iron/Steel Foundry]]
[[Category: Iron/Steel Foundry]]
[[Category: Steel Founders]]

Latest revision as of 15:41, 16 September 2024

of Thornliebank, Glasgow

1958 G. and J. Weir and Catton and Co combined their (steel and non-ferrous metal) foundry operations in a new company Weir-Catton which would acquire Cattons and Argus foundry from Weirs; the name of Argus foundry was changed to Weir Foundries[1]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. The Times, Jul 17, 1958