M. G. Rowe (Motors): Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 14: | Line 14: | ||
Rowe's Garage of Dobwells, Liskeard, Cornwall | Rowe's Garage of Dobwells, Liskeard, Cornwall | ||
1953 The company were coach operators who commenced building to their own design. [[Maurice | 1953 The company were coach operators who commenced building to their own design. [[Maurice George Rowe]] was the owner. | ||
1954 Built a 6/7-ton truck designed for the steep hills of the area | 1954 Built a 6/7-ton truck designed for the steep hills of the area |
Latest revision as of 15:48, 27 June 2020









Rowe's Garage of Dobwells, Liskeard, Cornwall
1953 The company were coach operators who commenced building to their own design. Maurice George Rowe was the owner.
1954 Built a 6/7-ton truck designed for the steep hills of the area
1955 Produced a 7-ton truck
Sold Rowe's Garage and the coach business and set up M. G. Rowe (Motors) Doublebois Ltd to manufacture trucks
1959 They had 14 models listed. Choice of Meadows, AEC, Leyland or Gardner engines. Cabs made by Jennings
1962 Company ceased trading
Buses
1953 A prototype was produced. It had a Meadows 4DC four-cylinder 5.7 litre engine and five-speed Meadows gearbox.
Meadows later produced its own version of the 4DC.
1956 A Reading bodied bus to seat 44 passengers was built for Millbrook Steamboat and Trading.
1957 Three more followed and were sold to Morlais Motor Services.
See Also
Sources of Information
- Ian Allan - British Buses Since 1900 - Aldridge and Morris