Hugh McLean and Sons: Difference between revisions
Line 20: | Line 20: | ||
* L. A. Ritchie, The Shipbuilding Industry: A Guide to Historical Records (1992) | * L. A. Ritchie, The Shipbuilding Industry: A Guide to Historical Records (1992) | ||
* John Shields, Clyde Built: A history of Shipbuilding on the River Clyde (1949), p.89 | * John Shields, Clyde Built: A history of Shipbuilding on the River Clyde (1949), p.89 | ||
* Directory of Shipowners, Shipbuilders and Marine Engineers 1955 | |||
{{DEFAULTSORT: }} | {{DEFAULTSORT: }} |
Revision as of 11:18, 12 September 2021
Yacht and boat builders, Kingsinch Road, Renfrew
1884 Hugh McLean began boatbuilding in Australia, moving to Govan in Glasgow ten years later.
1921 The business was incorporated as a private limited company, with a capital of £20,000, at 184 Crossloan Road, Govan[1]
1932 A branch works was opened in Gourock.
1937 The main works was transferred to Renfrew.
1965 The Gourock yard was closed and production concentrated at Renfrew.
1972 The company was briefly succeeded by the Argyll Shipbuilding and Boatbuilding Company Limited.
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Scotsman 19 February 1921
- L. A. Ritchie, The Shipbuilding Industry: A Guide to Historical Records (1992)
- John Shields, Clyde Built: A history of Shipbuilding on the River Clyde (1949), p.89
- Directory of Shipowners, Shipbuilders and Marine Engineers 1955