ABJ: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
'''ABJ''' were [[motorcycles]] built from 1949 to 1953. | '''ABJ''' were [[motorcycles]] built from 1949 to 1953. | ||
The company had built the [[Raynal]] | The company had built the [[Raynal]] autocycle before World War II. | ||
* 1949 The firm located its works in Pope Street, Birmingham. The new name of '''ABJ''' came from the chairman [[A. B. Jackson]]. | * 1949 The firm located its works in Pope Street, Birmingham. The new name of '''ABJ''' came from the chairman [[A. B. Jackson]]. | ||
Line 7: | Line 7: | ||
* 1950 Two machines were offered, both of which had a 99cc [[Villiers]] engine. One was the single-speed [[Autocycles|Autocycle]], the other was the two-speed [[Motorcycles|Motorcycle]]. Common cycle parts were shared - such as the rigid loop frame, the simple telescopic forks and the single saddle on a pillar tube. | * 1950 Two machines were offered, both of which had a 99cc [[Villiers]] engine. One was the single-speed [[Autocycles|Autocycle]], the other was the two-speed [[Motorcycles|Motorcycle]]. Common cycle parts were shared - such as the rigid loop frame, the simple telescopic forks and the single saddle on a pillar tube. | ||
* 1952 Both models were still listed and were joined by the ''Auto Motor'' | * 1952 Both models were still listed and were joined by the ''Auto Motor'' cyclemotor, with a 50cc two-stroke engine mounted over the front wheel. The rest of it was a bicycle. | ||
* 1953 That model alone ran on for that year. Production then stopped. | * 1953 That model alone ran on for that year. Production then stopped. |
Revision as of 17:16, 5 April 2007
ABJ were motorcycles built from 1949 to 1953.
The company had built the Raynal autocycle before World War II.
- 1949 The firm located its works in Pope Street, Birmingham. The new name of ABJ came from the chairman A. B. Jackson.
- 1950 Two machines were offered, both of which had a 99cc Villiers engine. One was the single-speed Autocycle, the other was the two-speed Motorcycle. Common cycle parts were shared - such as the rigid loop frame, the simple telescopic forks and the single saddle on a pillar tube.
- 1952 Both models were still listed and were joined by the Auto Motor cyclemotor, with a 50cc two-stroke engine mounted over the front wheel. The rest of it was a bicycle.
- 1953 That model alone ran on for that year. Production then stopped.
Sources of Information
The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press