Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,701 pages of information and 247,104 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

ABJ: Difference between revisions

From Graces Guide
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 5: Line 5:
* 1949 The firm located its works in Pope Street, Birmingham.  The new name of '''ABJ''' came from the chairman [[A. B. Jackson]].
* 1949 The firm located its works in Pope Street, Birmingham.  The new name of '''ABJ''' came from the chairman [[A. B. Jackson]].


* 1950 Two machines were offered, both of which had a 99cc [[Villiers]] engine.  One was the single-speed [[Autocycles|Autocycle]], the other was the two-speed [[Motorcycles|Motorcycle]].  Common cycle parts were shared - such as the rigid loop frame, the simple telescopic forks and the single saddle on a pillar tube.
* 1950 Two machines were offered, both of which had a 99cc [[Villiers]] engine.  One was the single-speed Autocycle, the other was the two-speed motorcycle.  Common cycle parts were shared - such as the rigid loop frame, the simple telescopic forks and the single saddle on a pillar tube.


* 1952 Both models were still listed and were joined by the ''Auto Motor'' cyclemotor, with a 50cc two-stroke engine mounted over the front wheel.  The rest of it was a bicycle.
* 1952 Both models were still listed and were joined by the ''Auto Motor'' cyclemotor, with a 50cc two-stroke engine mounted over the front wheel.  The rest of it was a bicycle.

Revision as of 17:16, 5 April 2007

ABJ were motorcycles built from 1949 to 1953.

The company had built the Raynal autocycle before World War II.

  • 1949 The firm located its works in Pope Street, Birmingham. The new name of ABJ came from the chairman A. B. Jackson.
  • 1950 Two machines were offered, both of which had a 99cc Villiers engine. One was the single-speed Autocycle, the other was the two-speed motorcycle. Common cycle parts were shared - such as the rigid loop frame, the simple telescopic forks and the single saddle on a pillar tube.
  • 1952 Both models were still listed and were joined by the Auto Motor cyclemotor, with a 50cc two-stroke engine mounted over the front wheel. The rest of it was a bicycle.
  • 1953 That model alone ran on for that year. Production then stopped.


Sources of Information

The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press