Spearing Boiler Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 12: | Line 12: | ||
*Mr [[Douglas Vickers]] (Chairman of [[Vickers]]). | *Mr [[Douglas Vickers]] (Chairman of [[Vickers]]). | ||
*Sir [[Vincent Caillard]] of [[Vickers]].<ref>The Engineer 1923/06/01</ref> | *Sir [[Vincent Caillard]] of [[Vickers]].<ref>The Engineer 1923/06/01</ref> | ||
1925 [[Vickers]] formally acquired the whole interest of '''Vickers-Spearing Boiler Co'''. Mr [[A. H. Spearing]] resigned his position as managing director of the company and the company remained the '''Vickers-Spearing Boiler Co''' as before.<ref>The Engineer 1925/07/31</ref> | |||
Revision as of 10:51, 8 April 2015
of Hyde, Cheshire, located near Newton Station
c.1920 The company took over the former boiler works of Tinkers Ltd, to produce water tube boilers.
1921 They installed a large set of bending rolls from John Musgrave and Sons, capable of rolling plates 1.25" thick and 20 ft long. Powered by a 75 HP motor.[1]
1921 Moved to new offices at 20, Kingsway, London, WC2[2]
1923 Name changed to Vickers-Spearing Boiler Company when Vickers acquired an interest in the company. The directors on the new board were:-
- Mr A. H. Spearing (Chairman).
- Mr J. Kerr-Bock of The Spearing Boiler Comapny.
- Mr Douglas Vickers (Chairman of Vickers).
- Sir Vincent Caillard of Vickers.[3]
1925 Vickers formally acquired the whole interest of Vickers-Spearing Boiler Co. Mr A. H. Spearing resigned his position as managing director of the company and the company remained the Vickers-Spearing Boiler Co as before.[4]