Trevor Banks Lewis: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 4: | Line 4: | ||
'''1941 Obituary <ref>[[1941 Institution of Mechanical Engineers: Obituaries]]</ref> | '''1941 Obituary <ref>[[1941 Institution of Mechanical Engineers: Obituaries]]</ref> | ||
TREVOR BANKS LEWIS was chief electrical engineer at the Llanelly Steel Works at the time of his death, which occurred on 12th March 1941. He had been associated with the firm for no less than forty-four years, having joined it in 1897. During that period, he was responsible, among other work, for the conversion from steam to electric power of all auxiliary drives in a steel mill having an output of from 2,000 to 2,500 tons of steel bars or billets per week. | TREVOR BANKS LEWIS was chief electrical engineer at the [[Llanelly Steel Co|Llanelly Steel Works]] at the time of his death, which occurred on 12th March 1941. He had been associated with the firm for no less than forty-four years, having joined it in 1897. During that period, he was responsible, among other work, for the conversion from steam to electric power of all auxiliary drives in a steel mill having an output of from 2,000 to 2,500 tons of steel bars or billets per week. | ||
Mr. Lewis was born in 1872 and after receiving private tuition in the design of engines and boilers, and in practical mechanics, he served his apprenticeship from 1890 to 1895 in the fitting shops and drawing office of the [[Lilleshall Co|Lilleshall Company, Ltd.]], at Oakengates, Salop. | Mr. Lewis was born in 1872 and after receiving private tuition in the design of engines and boilers, and in practical mechanics, he served his apprenticeship from 1890 to 1895 in the fitting shops and drawing office of the [[Lilleshall Co|Lilleshall Company, Ltd.]], at Oakengates, Salop. |
Latest revision as of 09:31, 4 September 2015
Trevor Banks Lewis (1872-1941)
1941 Obituary [1]
TREVOR BANKS LEWIS was chief electrical engineer at the Llanelly Steel Works at the time of his death, which occurred on 12th March 1941. He had been associated with the firm for no less than forty-four years, having joined it in 1897. During that period, he was responsible, among other work, for the conversion from steam to electric power of all auxiliary drives in a steel mill having an output of from 2,000 to 2,500 tons of steel bars or billets per week.
Mr. Lewis was born in 1872 and after receiving private tuition in the design of engines and boilers, and in practical mechanics, he served his apprenticeship from 1890 to 1895 in the fitting shops and drawing office of the Lilleshall Company, Ltd., at Oakengates, Salop.
Mr. Lewis was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1922.