Ernest Clement Skurray: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 4: | Line 4: | ||
1899 Opened his first garage at an old chapel building in Princes Street, Swindon. | 1899 Opened his first garage at an old chapel building in Princes Street, Swindon. | ||
1901 September. Letter having measured the gradients of Birdlip Hill.<ref>[[The Autocar 1901/09/07]]</ref> | |||
In 1922, Skurray's moved to High Street, in Old Town, where Ernest opened a workshop behind a double-fronted house. | In 1922, Skurray's moved to High Street, in Old Town, where Ernest opened a workshop behind a double-fronted house. |
Revision as of 00:51, 26 March 2018
Ernest Clement Skurray (c1864- ) of F. Skurray and Sons
c1864 Born the son of Francis Skurray
1899 Opened his first garage at an old chapel building in Princes Street, Swindon.
1901 September. Letter having measured the gradients of Birdlip Hill.[1]
In 1922, Skurray's moved to High Street, in Old Town, where Ernest opened a workshop behind a double-fronted house.
In 1926, both house and workshop were demolished to be replaced by a spectacular, timbered showroom on the corner of High Street and Newport Street.
1871 Living at West Field House, Farringdon, Berks: Francis Skurray (age 37 born Marlborough), Corn Merchant. With his wife Herta M. Skurray (age 28 born Challow, berks and their four children; Francis F. Skurray (age 6 born Swindon); Ernest C. Skurray (age 5 born Swindon); Stanley Skurray (age 4 born Swindon); Thomas Skurray (age 2 born Faringdon). Also a visitor William Henry Butt (age 33 born Stonehouse), Brewer. Three servants.[2]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Autocar 1901/09/07
- ↑ 1871 Census