Findhorn Viaduct (Forres): Difference between revisions
Created page with "at Forres, east of Inverness. Designed by Joseph Mitchell for the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly. Ironwork from W. Fairbairn and Sons. Opened 18 August 1858. Three..." |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
at Forres, east of Inverness. | at Forres, east of Inverness. | ||
Designed by Joseph Mitchell for the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly. Ironwork from [[ | This is not the same as [[Forres Viaduct]] at Tomatin. | ||
Designed by Joseph Mitchell for the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly. Ironwork from [[William Fairbairn and Sons]]. Opened 18 August 1858. | |||
Three 150 ft spans of wrought iron box girders across the River Findhorn. | Three 150 ft spans of wrought iron box girders across the River Findhorn. | ||
Line 17: | Line 19: | ||
[[Category: Town - Forres]] | [[Category: Town - Forres]] | ||
[[Category: Bridges and Viaducts]] | [[Category: Bridges and Viaducts]] | ||
Revision as of 19:37, 6 February 2018
at Forres, east of Inverness.
This is not the same as Forres Viaduct at Tomatin.
Designed by Joseph Mitchell for the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly. Ironwork from William Fairbairn and Sons. Opened 18 August 1858.
Three 150 ft spans of wrought iron box girders across the River Findhorn.
See CANMORE entry for Forres, Findhorn Viaduct], which provides a map, photos, and historical information.