Henry Birch Atkinson: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image:Im20101011-HBAtkinson.jpg|thumb| ]] | [[Image:Im20101011-HBAtkinson.jpg|thumb| ]] | ||
[[Edward Atkinson (1880-1932)]] and his brother [[Henry Birch Atkinson]] (1882–1921) with assistance from their brother-in-law [[George Hunt ( | [[Edward Atkinson (1880-1932)]] and his brother [[Henry Birch Atkinson]] (1882–1921) with assistance from their brother-in-law [[George Hunt (1870-1950)|George Hunt]] set up in business in Frenchwood, Preston to repair "pullcars" and private motor vehicles that were appearing in increasing numbers on the road. | ||
By 1912, the organisation had moved to premises in Kendal Street and the number of employees had grown to twenty. In the same year a second, smaller repair centre was opened in Freemason’s Row, Liverpool, to cater for the enormous volume of steam traffic using the docks. | By 1912, the organisation had moved to premises in Kendal Street and the number of employees had grown to twenty. In the same year a second, smaller repair centre was opened in Freemason’s Row, Liverpool, to cater for the enormous volume of steam traffic using the docks. |
Latest revision as of 07:02, 28 March 2018

Edward Atkinson (1880-1932) and his brother Henry Birch Atkinson (1882–1921) with assistance from their brother-in-law George Hunt set up in business in Frenchwood, Preston to repair "pullcars" and private motor vehicles that were appearing in increasing numbers on the road.
By 1912, the organisation had moved to premises in Kendal Street and the number of employees had grown to twenty. In the same year a second, smaller repair centre was opened in Freemason’s Row, Liverpool, to cater for the enormous volume of steam traffic using the docks.
Formed Atkinson and Co .