John Dewhurst and Son: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 7: | Line 7: | ||
1891 [[John Henry Dewhurst]] joined his father in partnership | 1891 [[John Henry Dewhurst]] joined his father in partnership | ||
1892 the business was converted into a private limited company | 1892 the business was converted into a private limited company. John Dewhurst died this year. | ||
1898 Thomas James Robinson of [[John Robinson|Royds Foundry]], Attercliffe, petitioned to wind up [[John Dewhurst and Son]]<ref>The London Gazette 26 April 1898</ref>. [[John Henry Dewhurst]] and [[George Longden]] were trading as John Dewhurst and Son<ref>London Gazette 27 May 1898</ref> | 1898 Thomas James Robinson of [[John Robinson|Royds Foundry]], Attercliffe, petitioned to wind up [[John Dewhurst and Son]]<ref>The London Gazette 26 April 1898</ref>. [[John Henry Dewhurst]] and [[George Longden]] were trading as John Dewhurst and Son<ref>London Gazette 27 May 1898</ref> |
Revision as of 15:56, 27 October 2018

of Atterclliffe Road, Sheffield
1873 Business established, presumably, by John Dewhurst
1891 John Henry Dewhurst joined his father in partnership
1892 the business was converted into a private limited company. John Dewhurst died this year.
1898 Thomas James Robinson of Royds Foundry, Attercliffe, petitioned to wind up John Dewhurst and Son[1]. John Henry Dewhurst and George Longden were trading as John Dewhurst and Son[2]
1902 converted into a private limited company
Later larger works were installed at Tinsley, Sheffield.
presumably some connection with Dewhurst's Engineering Co