John Dewhurst and Son: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image: | [[Image: Im18950726PE-Dewhurst.jpg|thumb|1895. ]] | ||
[[Image:Im18960509IM-Dewhurst.jpg|thumb| May 1896.]] | |||
of Atterclliffe Road, Sheffield | of Atterclliffe Road, Sheffield |
Revision as of 06:41, 30 October 2018


of Atterclliffe Road, Sheffield
1873 Business established, presumably, by John Dewhurst
1891 John Henry Dewhurst joined his father in partnership
1892 the business was converted into a private limited company. John Dewhurst died this year.
1898 Thomas James Robinson of Royds Foundry, Attercliffe, petitioned to wind up John Dewhurst and Son[1]. John Henry Dewhurst and George Longden were trading as John Dewhurst and Son[2]
1902 converted into a private limited company
Later larger works were installed at Tinsley, Sheffield.
presumably some connection with Dewhurst's Engineering Co