Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,669 pages of information and 247,074 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Weedon and Wilcocks: Difference between revisions

From Graces Guide
Cai (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
Cai (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
 
Line 6: Line 6:
Brass founders and beer machine manufacturers.
Brass founders and beer machine manufacturers.


''c'' 1836 Founded by [[George Weedon (1776-1852)|George Weedon]]; subsequently became a partnership with his son-in-law [[Nathaniel Wilcocks (1817-1871)|Nathaniel Wilcocks]].
''c'' 1836 Founded by [[George Weedon (1776-1852)|George Weedon]] and his son-in-law [[Nathaniel Wilcocks (1817-1871)|Nathaniel Wilcocks]].


1861 By this date the family business, based at 15 Westgate Street, was being jointly run by Nathaniel Wilcock's wife [[Jane Weedon (1818-1870)|Jane]] and her son [[Nathaniel George Wilcocks (1837-1902)|Nathaniel]]. The foundry employed 4 men, 6 apprentices and 4 boys.<ref>1861 census</ref>
1861 By this date the family business, based at 15 Westgate Street, was being jointly run by Nathaniel Wilcock's wife [[Jane Weedon (1818-1870)|Jane]] and her son [[Nathaniel George Wilcocks (1837-1902)|Nathaniel]]. The foundry employed 4 men, 6 apprentices and 4 boys.<ref>1861 census</ref>

Latest revision as of 07:28, 17 November 2018

January 1863.

of 5-6 Upper Borough Walls, Bath

of Bath City Brass Foundry, 15 Westgate Street, Bath

Brass founders and beer machine manufacturers.

c 1836 Founded by George Weedon and his son-in-law Nathaniel Wilcocks.

1861 By this date the family business, based at 15 Westgate Street, was being jointly run by Nathaniel Wilcock's wife Jane and her son Nathaniel. The foundry employed 4 men, 6 apprentices and 4 boys.[1]

1862 Business renamed N. G. Wilcocks.

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. 1861 census