Locke, Lancaster and Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
Lead merchants and | Lead merchants and de-silverisers | ||
1854 [[John Locke|John Locke and Co]] became [[Locke, Lancaster and Co]] | 1854 [[John Locke|John Locke and Co]] became [[Locke, Lancaster and Co]] | ||
1892 The company was registered on 18 January, to acquire the business of white-lead makers, lead rollers and metal merchants of the firm of the same name. | 1892 The company was registered on 18 January, to acquire the business of white-lead makers, lead rollers and metal merchants of the firm of the same name. | ||
1894 Dissolution of the Partnership between John Locke Lancaster, Arthur Henry Lancaster, and Thomas Capper, carrying on business as Lead, Bullion, and General Merchants, at St. Peter's-chambers, Cornhill, in the city of London, under the style or firm of '''Locke Lancaster and Company'''<ref>London Gazette 21 September 1894</ref>. | |||
1894 Amalgamation took place with [[W. W. and R. Johnson and Sons]] as [[Locke, Lancaster and W. W. and R. Johnson and Sons]]. <ref>The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908</ref> | 1894 Amalgamation took place with [[W. W. and R. Johnson and Sons]] as [[Locke, Lancaster and W. W. and R. Johnson and Sons]]. <ref>The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908</ref> |
Revision as of 12:12, 19 February 2020
Lead merchants and de-silverisers
1854 John Locke and Co became Locke, Lancaster and Co
1892 The company was registered on 18 January, to acquire the business of white-lead makers, lead rollers and metal merchants of the firm of the same name.
1894 Dissolution of the Partnership between John Locke Lancaster, Arthur Henry Lancaster, and Thomas Capper, carrying on business as Lead, Bullion, and General Merchants, at St. Peter's-chambers, Cornhill, in the city of London, under the style or firm of Locke Lancaster and Company[1].
1894 Amalgamation took place with W. W. and R. Johnson and Sons as Locke, Lancaster and W. W. and R. Johnson and Sons. [2]