Dore House Colliery: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
1820 The opening of the colliery saw the beginning of coal mining in the area around Orgreave. | 1820 The opening of the colliery saw the beginning of coal mining in the area around Orgreave. | ||
[[John Jeffcock]] was associated with [[William Jeffcock]] (or was this another William, [[William | [[John Jeffcock]] was associated with [[William Jeffcock]] (or was this another William, [[William Littlewood (of Darnell)|William Littlewood]]?) and members of the Sorby family in opening a colliery at Dore House in the parish of Hansworth, to work the Barnsley seam. Mr. Dunn was appointed manager, and John Jeffcock became colliery engineer. | ||
1848 Dissolution of the Partnership between Walter Sorby and Richard Sorby, carrying on business as Coal Masters, at Orgreave, in the parish of Rotherham, in the county of York, under the firm of the '''Dore House Coal Company'''. Richard Sorby continued the business on his own<ref>London Gazette 28 Jan 1848</ref> | 1848 Dissolution of the Partnership between Walter Sorby and Richard Sorby, carrying on business as Coal Masters, at Orgreave, in the parish of Rotherham, in the county of York, under the firm of the '''Dore House Coal Company'''. Richard Sorby continued the business on his own<ref>London Gazette 28 Jan 1848</ref> |
Revision as of 11:33, 25 May 2020
1820 The opening of the colliery saw the beginning of coal mining in the area around Orgreave.
John Jeffcock was associated with William Jeffcock (or was this another William, William Littlewood?) and members of the Sorby family in opening a colliery at Dore House in the parish of Hansworth, to work the Barnsley seam. Mr. Dunn was appointed manager, and John Jeffcock became colliery engineer.
1848 Dissolution of the Partnership between Walter Sorby and Richard Sorby, carrying on business as Coal Masters, at Orgreave, in the parish of Rotherham, in the county of York, under the firm of the Dore House Coal Company. Richard Sorby continued the business on his own[1]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ London Gazette 28 Jan 1848