Peebles Hotel Hydro: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image:Im196901HG-Peebles.jpg|thumb| January 1969.]] | [[Image:Im196901HG-Peebles.jpg|thumb| January 1969.]] | ||
1878 The original hydropathic establishment was built by the Peebles Hydropathic Company Limited and completed in 1880. That company was dissolved in 1893 | |||
1905 Following a disastrous fire a new company was established, The Peebles Hotel Hydropathic Limited, and the hotel completely rebuilt to the designs of the architect James Miller, a feature of which was its distinctive red roofs. The hotel was run by the same company thereafter, apart from wartime use as a hospital | |||
2014 Crieff Hydro Ltd acquired the Hydro and another Peebles hotel, The Park. The company changed its name to Peebles Hydro Limited | |||
== See Also == | == See Also == |
Revision as of 16:52, 3 June 2020

1878 The original hydropathic establishment was built by the Peebles Hydropathic Company Limited and completed in 1880. That company was dissolved in 1893
1905 Following a disastrous fire a new company was established, The Peebles Hotel Hydropathic Limited, and the hotel completely rebuilt to the designs of the architect James Miller, a feature of which was its distinctive red roofs. The hotel was run by the same company thereafter, apart from wartime use as a hospital
2014 Crieff Hydro Ltd acquired the Hydro and another Peebles hotel, The Park. The company changed its name to Peebles Hydro Limited