Henry Faulder and Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 7: | Line 7: | ||
1832 Established by Thomas Wheeler as a Grocery business. | 1832 Established by Thomas Wheeler as a Grocery business. | ||
1871 Dissolution of the Partnership between Thomas Wheeler and Henry Faulder, carrying on business as Tea Dealers, Grocers, and Fruit Preservers, at Heaton Norris, in the county of Lancaster, under the firm or style of [[Wheeler and Faulder]]. Henry | 1871 Dissolution of the Partnership between Thomas Wheeler and Henry Faulder, carrying on business as Tea Dealers, Grocers, and Fruit Preservers, at Heaton Norris, in the county of Lancaster, under the firm or style of [[Wheeler and Faulder]]. Henry Faulder would receive and pay all debts of the late firm<ref>London Gazette, 30 June 1871</ref>. | ||
Business continued by [[Henry Faulder]] | Business continued by [[Henry Faulder]] | ||
c1882 Installed gas engines to drive a coffee roaster and mill<ref>The Engineer 1882/11/10</ref> | |||
Faulder was succeeded by David Ward | |||
1889 Incorporated as a Limited Company. | 1889 Incorporated as a Limited Company. |
Latest revision as of 08:29, 23 October 2020
of Stockport, Cheshire.
of Squirrel Confectionery Works, Stockport (1914)
Manufacturers of jam, preserves, cocoa and chocolate.
1832 Established by Thomas Wheeler as a Grocery business.
1871 Dissolution of the Partnership between Thomas Wheeler and Henry Faulder, carrying on business as Tea Dealers, Grocers, and Fruit Preservers, at Heaton Norris, in the county of Lancaster, under the firm or style of Wheeler and Faulder. Henry Faulder would receive and pay all debts of the late firm[1].
Business continued by Henry Faulder
c1882 Installed gas engines to drive a coffee roaster and mill[2]
Faulder was succeeded by David Ward
1889 Incorporated as a Limited Company.
1914 Walter Barlow and William John Lister were the Governing Directors. the company had 3 factories for Fruit Preserving, for Cocoa and Chocolate Manufacture, and for General Confectionery.
1930 Name changed to Squirrel Chocolate and Confectionery Co.
By 1980 was Squirrel Horn Ltd of Stockport[3]
1987 Acquired G. A. Stadler and Co, and Summer Isles Foods; the business was also fish farming; as the group had moved away from specialising in branded confectionery, the name was also to be changed, to Ptarmigan Holdings plc
1992 Acquired the Components Engineering division of Prospect Industries plc
1993 Acquired FKI Cableform business; disposed of most of the original Ptarmigan businesses; name changed to Graystone plc.