W. P. Wilkins: Difference between revisions
Line 24: | Line 24: | ||
[[Category: Town - Ipswich]] | [[Category: Town - Ipswich]] | ||
[[Category: Stationary Steam Engines]] | [[Category: Stationary Steam Engines]] | ||
[[Category: Iron | [[Category: Iron/Steel Foundry]] |
Revision as of 12:00, 20 February 2021

St Helen's street, Ipswich.
1851 Grasshopper engine. [1]
1855 William Pickford Wilkins is listed as a millwright.
1862 At the 1862 London Exhibition he showed a compound engine.
1865 W. P. Wilkins's patent grinding mills, made at Orchard Works, was shown at the Smithfield Club Cattle Show. [2]
1867 After Wilkins died, his son Thomas continued to run the business at Orchard Works for a short time before moving to London.
See Also
Sources of Information
- Steam Engine Builders of Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1950 by The Augustine Steward Press