William Haycock: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
of Ashbourne, clockmakers | of Ashbourne, clockmakers | ||
John and Thomas Haycock worked with Thomas Harlow, clockmaker in Ashbourne | John and Thomas Haycock worked with Thomas Harlow, clockmaker in Ashbourne, the grandson of [[Joseph Harlow]] who had founded the business | ||
1826 The Haycock brothers took over the business of Thomas Harlow and ran it in their own name. | 1826 The Haycock brothers took over the business of Thomas Harlow and ran it in their own name. | ||
Line 8: | Line 8: | ||
1865 William Haycock, younger son of Thomas, established his own business in Church Street, Ashbourne and in the Market Place. | 1865 William Haycock, younger son of Thomas, established his own business in Church Street, Ashbourne and in the Market Place. | ||
William established a reputation as a capable craftsman and a man of great integrity | |||
1897 William's works moved to the Southcliffe works. | 1897 William's works moved to the Southcliffe works. | ||
1904 William Haycock died. The firm continued to trade under his name | 1904 William Haycock died. The firm continued to trade under his name |
Latest revision as of 09:33, 10 June 2021
of Ashbourne, clockmakers
John and Thomas Haycock worked with Thomas Harlow, clockmaker in Ashbourne, the grandson of Joseph Harlow who had founded the business
1826 The Haycock brothers took over the business of Thomas Harlow and ran it in their own name.
They made domestic clocks, turret clocks and carried out general brass and iron founding as well.
1865 William Haycock, younger son of Thomas, established his own business in Church Street, Ashbourne and in the Market Place.
William established a reputation as a capable craftsman and a man of great integrity
1897 William's works moved to the Southcliffe works.
1904 William Haycock died. The firm continued to trade under his name
2021 Today the business is run by William's direct descendants.
William's brother, Thomas junior, carried on the original business until his death in 1906 whereupon that branch of business was closed down.
See Also
Sources of Information
- [1] William Haycock