John Gibson and Son: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 7: | Line 7: | ||
1918 John Gibson and Son Limited was incorporated as a private company with a capital of £20,000 to take over the business of engineers and motor manufacturers carried on by John Gibson and Son at 109 Leith Walk, Leith.<ref>The Scotsman 28 September 1918</ref> | 1918 John Gibson and Son Limited was incorporated as a private company with a capital of £20,000 to take over the business of engineers and motor manufacturers carried on by John Gibson and Son at 109 Leith Walk, Leith.<ref>The Scotsman 28 September 1918</ref> | ||
1940-41 Described as Morris Commercial Distributors, motor agents, engineers, body builders of Jameson Place, Leith (office and works) and 107 and 109 Leith Walk (showrooms), also at 397-401, King Street, Aberdeen.<ref>Post Office Edinburgh and Leith Directory</ref> | 1940-41 Described as Morris Commercial Distributors, motor agents, engineers, body builders of Jameson Place, Leith (office and works) and 107 and 109 Leith Walk (showrooms), also at 397-401, King Street, Aberdeen.<ref>Post Office Edinburgh and Leith Directory 1940-41</ref> | ||
1979 The company was dissolved.<ref>National Records of Scotland BT2/1978/567</ref> | 1979 The company was dissolved.<ref>National Records of Scotland BT2/1978/567</ref> |
Revision as of 16:41, 1 August 2021



1898 This was the company's claimed date of establishment in later adverts.
1918 John Gibson and Son Limited was incorporated as a private company with a capital of £20,000 to take over the business of engineers and motor manufacturers carried on by John Gibson and Son at 109 Leith Walk, Leith.[1]
1940-41 Described as Morris Commercial Distributors, motor agents, engineers, body builders of Jameson Place, Leith (office and works) and 107 and 109 Leith Walk (showrooms), also at 397-401, King Street, Aberdeen.[2]
1979 The company was dissolved.[3]