Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,701 pages of information and 247,103 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Union Foundry (Kidsgrove): Difference between revisions

From Graces Guide
PaulF (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
No edit summary
 
Line 3: Line 3:
This engineering works had a succession of owners:-
This engineering works had a succession of owners:-


*[[Barker and Cope]]
* [[Barker and Cope]]
*George Barker
* George Barker
*[[W. R. Renshaw and Co]]
* [[W. R. Renshaw and Co]]
* Renshaw, King, and Co (until c.1890)
* [[Renshaw, King and Co]] (until c.1890)
*[[King, Masterman, and Terry]]
* [[King, Masterman, and Terry]]
*[[Henry Pooley and Son]] moved to Kidsgrove in 1896
* [[Henry Pooley and Son]] moved to Kidsgrove in 1896


Under Pooley & Son, the name of the works was changed to Albion Foundry.  
Under Pooley & Son, the name of the works was changed to Albion Foundry.  

Latest revision as of 13:54, 29 September 2021

in Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire

This engineering works had a succession of owners:-

Under Pooley & Son, the name of the works was changed to Albion Foundry.

'The youngest daughter of Mr. J. C. H. Robinson, late of Stevington, has recently been married to Mr. J. R. Chater, M.I.M.E., son of the chairman of the company bearing the style Henry Pooley and Son, Limited. Mr. Chater is manager of the Kidsgrove engineering works, hitherto known as the Union Foundry, for the manufacture of weighing machinery. In future, the works will bear the name of the Albion Foundry, the designation of Messrs. Pooley’s works in Liverpool and Glasgow.'[1].

Demolished 1940


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. Bedfordshire Times and Independent, 24 October 1896