Hugh McLean and Sons: Difference between revisions
Line 22: | Line 22: | ||
* Directory of Shipowners, Shipbuilders and Marine Engineers 1955 | * Directory of Shipowners, Shipbuilders and Marine Engineers 1955 | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: }} | {{DEFAULTSORT: McLean, H }} | ||
[[Category: Town - Renfrew]] | [[Category: Town - Renfrew]] | ||
[[Category: Town - Glasgow]] | [[Category: Town - Glasgow]] | ||
[[Category: Town - Gourock]] | [[Category: Town - Gourock]] | ||
[[Category: Boat Builders]] | [[Category: Boat Builders]] |
Latest revision as of 14:23, 5 April 2022
Yacht and boat builders, Kingsinch Road, Renfrew
1884 Hugh McLean began boatbuilding in Australia, moving to Govan in Glasgow ten years later.
1921 The business was incorporated as a private limited company, with a capital of £20,000, at 184 Crossloan Road, Govan[1]
1932 A branch works was opened in Gourock.
1937 The main works was transferred to Renfrew.
1965 The Gourock yard was closed and production concentrated at Renfrew.
1972 The company was briefly succeeded by the Argyll Shipbuilding and Boatbuilding Company Limited.
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Scotsman 19 February 1921
- L. A. Ritchie, The Shipbuilding Industry: A Guide to Historical Records (1992)
- John Shields, Clyde Built: A history of Shipbuilding on the River Clyde (1949), p.89
- Directory of Shipowners, Shipbuilders and Marine Engineers 1955