Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,669 pages of information and 247,074 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

H. Gill (Stampings): Difference between revisions

From Graces Guide
PaulF (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
PaulF (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
 
Line 8: Line 8:


Post-WWII Acquired by [[British Plaster Board]] Ltd; moved to new premises in Birmingham and new equipment installed<ref>The Times Aug. 14, 1948</ref>
Post-WWII Acquired by [[British Plaster Board]] Ltd; moved to new premises in Birmingham and new equipment installed<ref>The Times Aug. 14, 1948</ref>
1948 The business of [[John Perks and Son (Forgings)]] was acquired by BPB and added to the Gill business


1965 Acquired by a producer of alloys, [[Imperial Metal Industries]], the company's main raw material, together with [[William Ross and Sons]]<ref>The Times July 7, 1965</ref>
1965 Acquired by a producer of alloys, [[Imperial Metal Industries]], the company's main raw material, together with [[William Ross and Sons]]<ref>The Times July 7, 1965</ref>

Latest revision as of 07:21, 29 May 2022

1938.

H. Gill (Stampings) Ltd. of Stafford Works, St. Clements Road, Nechells, Birmingham.

Incorporating William Adcock.

1938 Small hot brass stampings, rubber basin plugs.

Post-WWII Acquired by British Plaster Board Ltd; moved to new premises in Birmingham and new equipment installed[1]

1948 The business of John Perks and Son (Forgings) was acquired by BPB and added to the Gill business

1965 Acquired by a producer of alloys, Imperial Metal Industries, the company's main raw material, together with William Ross and Sons[2]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. The Times Aug. 14, 1948
  2. The Times July 7, 1965