Hammersmith Electricity Works: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
|||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
1893 Hammersmith Metropolitan Borough Council Electricity Undertaking was authorised. | |||
1895-6 Erection of Fulham Palace Road Generating Station. | |||
1897 Electricity supply began. | |||
1911 a scheme for hiring wiring and fittings was offered to shop premises. | |||
From 1916 bulk supplies of electricity from the Borough were purchased by Chiswick Electricity Supply Corporation Limited and later Brentford and Chiswick Borough Council. | |||
1920 the interconnection of generating stations was agreed between Hammersmith, Fulham and Battersea Undertakings. | |||
Line 6: | Line 18: | ||
== Sources of Information == | == Sources of Information == | ||
<references/> | <references/> | ||
* [https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/dc6d3e7c-e929-4536-89c3-c9995c20ce23] National Archives | |||
{{DEFAULTSORT: }} | {{DEFAULTSORT: }} | ||
[[Category: Town - Hammersmith]] | [[Category: Town - Hammersmith]] | ||
[[Category: Electricity Generation & Supply]] | [[Category: Electricity Generation & Supply]] |
Latest revision as of 17:46, 14 February 2023
1893 Hammersmith Metropolitan Borough Council Electricity Undertaking was authorised.
1895-6 Erection of Fulham Palace Road Generating Station.
1897 Electricity supply began.
1911 a scheme for hiring wiring and fittings was offered to shop premises.
From 1916 bulk supplies of electricity from the Borough were purchased by Chiswick Electricity Supply Corporation Limited and later Brentford and Chiswick Borough Council.
1920 the interconnection of generating stations was agreed between Hammersmith, Fulham and Battersea Undertakings.
See Also
Sources of Information
- [1] National Archives