Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,711 pages of information and 247,105 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Winfield's Rolling Mills: Difference between revisions

From Graces Guide
PaulF (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
of Cambridge Street Works, Birmingham
of Cambridge Street Works, Birmingham


1897 On the closing of the old Birmingham business of Messrs. [[R. W. Winfield|R. W. Winfield and Co]], Mr. [[William Henry Dugard]] and others formed '''Winfield's Rolling Mills'''
1830s [[Robert Walter Winfield]] established a business in Cambridge Street that eventually included a brass foundry and formerly traded as '''R. W. Winfield and Co'''


1897 The company became '''Winfield's Rolling Mills''' when the business


1897 On the closing of the old Birmingham business of  [[R. W. Winfield|R. W. Winfield and Co]] was purchased by [[Dugard and Mitchell]], and [[William Henry Dugard]] and others formed '''Winfield's Rolling Mills'''
1935 The company left Cambridge Street and moved to Icknield Port Mills previously used by [[H. H. Vivian and Co]]





Revision as of 09:48, 9 April 2023

of Cambridge Street Works, Birmingham

1830s Robert Walter Winfield established a business in Cambridge Street that eventually included a brass foundry and formerly traded as R. W. Winfield and Co

1897 The company became Winfield's Rolling Mills when the business

1897 On the closing of the old Birmingham business of R. W. Winfield and Co was purchased by Dugard and Mitchell, and William Henry Dugard and others formed Winfield's Rolling Mills

1935 The company left Cambridge Street and moved to Icknield Port Mills previously used by H. H. Vivian and Co


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information