Park Bridge, Drumoak: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
Crosses the River Dee to connect Drumoak and Durris, west of Aberdeen. | Crosses the River Dee to connect Drumoak and Durris, west of Aberdeen. | ||
Constructed 1854 | Constructed in 1854 for the Deeside Railway Co to provide road access to its railway along the north side of the Dee. Engineer: John Willet. Two cast iron arched spans of 120 ft, wooden deck and parapets. Granite approaches and centre pier. Category A listed.<ref>[https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/200330238-park-bridge-drumoak/maps#.YpR5cZLMLIU] British Listed Buildings: Park Bridge </ref><ref>[https://canmore.org.uk/site/36656/park-bridge] Canmore: Park Bridge</ref> | ||
Ironwork made by [[James Abernethy and Co]] of Ferryhill Foundry, Aberdeen. | |||
2019 The bridge was closed to vehicles following the discovery of structural defects during a routine inspection. | 2019 The bridge was closed to vehicles following the discovery of structural defects during a routine inspection. |
Latest revision as of 16:49, 22 June 2023
Crosses the River Dee to connect Drumoak and Durris, west of Aberdeen.
Constructed in 1854 for the Deeside Railway Co to provide road access to its railway along the north side of the Dee. Engineer: John Willet. Two cast iron arched spans of 120 ft, wooden deck and parapets. Granite approaches and centre pier. Category A listed.[1][2]
Ironwork made by James Abernethy and Co of Ferryhill Foundry, Aberdeen.
2019 The bridge was closed to vehicles following the discovery of structural defects during a routine inspection.
See Park Bridge Action Group website for up-to-date information.