St. James Park Railway Station: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 3: | Line 3: | ||
1906 January 26th. A small station named Lion's Holt Halt was opened in the cutting west of [[Blackboy Tunnel, Exeter]] | 1906 January 26th. A small station named Lion's Holt Halt was opened in the cutting west of [[Blackboy Tunnel, Exeter]] | ||
1906 January 26th. Mount Pleasant Road Halt was opened at the same time to the east of the tunnel but was closed in 1928. | 1906 January 26th. [[Mount Pleasant Road Halt]] was opened at the same time to the east of the tunnel but was closed in 1928. | ||
1946 The name of Lion's Holt was changed to [[St. James Park, Exeter|St. James Park]] on 7 October 1946, the name of the Exeter City F.C. football ground, which is next to the station. | 1946 The name of Lion's Holt was changed to [[St. James Park, Exeter|St. James Park]] on 7 October 1946, the name of the Exeter City F.C. football ground, which is next to the station. |
Latest revision as of 17:09, 1 January 2024
Situated on the Exeter and Exmouth Railway
1906 January 26th. A small station named Lion's Holt Halt was opened in the cutting west of Blackboy Tunnel, Exeter
1906 January 26th. Mount Pleasant Road Halt was opened at the same time to the east of the tunnel but was closed in 1928.
1946 The name of Lion's Holt was changed to St. James Park on 7 October 1946, the name of the Exeter City F.C. football ground, which is next to the station.