Compagnie des Bronzes de Bruxelles: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 9: | Line 9: | ||
The factory gradually became derelict, but it was eventually acquired by the local community, and is now [[La Fonderie, Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour]]. | The factory gradually became derelict, but it was eventually acquired by the local community, and is now [[La Fonderie, Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour]]. | ||
See [https://patrimoineindustriel.be/public/files/publications/bulletins/piwb/articles/57/2004_01-03N57_001.pdf here] for an account of the foundry, which includes photographs showing workers in buildings which are now restored or standing derelict in the museum. | See [https://patrimoineindustriel.be/public/files/publications/bulletins/piwb/articles/57/2004_01-03N57_001.pdf here] for an account of the foundry, which includes photographs showing workers in buildings which are now restored or standing derelict in the museum.<ref>[https://patrimoineindustriel.be/public/files/publications/bulletins/piwb/articles/57/2004_01-03N57_001.pdf] patrimoineindustriel.be website: La Compagnie des Bronzes, une entreprise bruxelloise entre art et industrie by Christine A. Dupont </ref> | ||
== See Also == | == See Also == |
Latest revision as of 08:04, 20 September 2024
1859 Established as a limited company at the Rue d'Assaut, in the centre of Brussels, near Saint-Michel Cathedral. Land was purchased in the suburbs of Brussels, in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean, where a foundry and large workshops were established in 1862-1863. Production ranged from small domestic taps and table lamps to monumental castings.
The last casting took place on April 30, 1977 and in 1979, bankruptcy was declared.
The above information is condensed from here, which provides an excellent account of the history of the business [1]
The factory gradually became derelict, but it was eventually acquired by the local community, and is now La Fonderie, Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour.
See here for an account of the foundry, which includes photographs showing workers in buildings which are now restored or standing derelict in the museum.[2]