St. Leonard's Pier: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
|||
Line 23: | Line 23: | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: }} | {{DEFAULTSORT: }} | ||
[[Category: Town - | [[Category: Town - St. Leonards-on-Sea]] | ||
[[Category: Piers]] | [[Category: Piers]] |
Revision as of 17:27, 9 February 2025

St. Leonard's Pier also known as The Palace Pier. The pier was designed by Richard St. George-Moore and the main pavilion was designed by local architect Frank Humphries. It was built by Head, Wrightson and Co
1888 Construction commenced
1891 Opened
1909 Relaunched as the American Palace pier and being taken over by American syndicate
1917 Pier purchased by John Henry Gardner
1933 Pier purchased by David and Philip Lannon
1951 Demolished