St. Leonard's Pier: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
|||
Line 5: | Line 5: | ||
1888 Construction commenced | 1888 Construction commenced | ||
1891 Opened | 1891 Opened. It was a few feet longer than the nearby [[Hastings Pier]] | ||
1909 Relaunched as the American Palace pier and | 1909 Relaunched as the American Palace pier and taken over by an American syndicate | ||
1917 Pier purchased by John Henry Gardner | 1917 Pier purchased by John Henry Gardner |
Latest revision as of 17:28, 9 February 2025

St. Leonard's Pier also known as The Palace Pier. The pier was designed by Richard St. George-Moore and the main pavilion was designed by local architect Frank Humphries. It was built by Head, Wrightson and Co
1888 Construction commenced
1891 Opened. It was a few feet longer than the nearby Hastings Pier
1909 Relaunched as the American Palace pier and taken over by an American syndicate
1917 Pier purchased by John Henry Gardner
1933 Pier purchased by David and Philip Lannon
1951 Demolished