Barbury and Downes: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
* Messrs Barbury and Downes, former employees of the [[Hobart Cycle and Motorcycle Co]], were made managers of the company in 1918. | |||
1919 Introduced the 'Wee McGregor', a lightweight 170 cc machine | * 1919 Introduced the 'Wee McGregor', a lightweight 170 cc machine | ||
By 1923 they were at new premises in Wellington Street and had introduced the 'Coventry B&D' with [[J. A. Prestwich Industries (JAP)| JAP]] engines, and the 'Coventry B&S' with engines from [[Barr and Stroud]]. | * By 1923 they were at new premises in Wellington Street and had introduced the 'Coventry B&D' with [[J. A. Prestwich Industries (JAP)| JAP]] engines, and the 'Coventry B&S' with engines from [[Barr and Stroud]]. | ||
Sometime the name [[Coventry Bicycles]] was established for the business | * Sometime the name [[Coventry Bicycles]] was established for the business | ||
1931 They introduced the 'Three Spires' motorcycle | * 1931 They introduced the 'Three Spires' motorcycle | ||
1936 Coventry Bicycles became the [[Associated Cycle Manufacturers of Coventry]] | * 1936 [[Coventry Bicycles]] became the [[Associated Cycle Manufacturers of Coventry]] | ||
== See Also == | == See Also == | ||
Line 19: | Line 19: | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: }} | {{DEFAULTSORT: }} | ||
[[Category: Town - Coventry]] | [[Category: Town - Coventry]] | ||
[[Category: Motorcycles]] |
Revision as of 13:53, 10 June 2011
- Messrs Barbury and Downes, former employees of the Hobart Cycle and Motorcycle Co, were made managers of the company in 1918.
- 1919 Introduced the 'Wee McGregor', a lightweight 170 cc machine
- By 1923 they were at new premises in Wellington Street and had introduced the 'Coventry B&D' with JAP engines, and the 'Coventry B&S' with engines from Barr and Stroud.
- Sometime the name Coventry Bicycles was established for the business
- 1931 They introduced the 'Three Spires' motorcycle
- 1936 Coventry Bicycles became the Associated Cycle Manufacturers of Coventry