E. Youngs and Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 5: | Line 5: | ||
of Waveney Ironworks, Victoria Road, Diss | of Waveney Ironworks, Victoria Road, Diss | ||
1879 Elijah Youngs listed in Victoria Road | |||
Later took George Unwin and W. Swootman as partners | |||
Produced portable and semi-portable steam engines | |||
c.1908 portable engine on display at [[Bressingham Steam Museum]], sole survivor of about 14 portable engines | |||
1924 became a limited liability company | |||
1939 The company was acquired by [[Sturgeon Brothers]] | |||
==See Also== | |||
<what-links-here/> | |||
==Sources of Information== | ==Sources of Information== | ||
<references/> | |||
* Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press | * Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press | ||
Revision as of 18:02, 28 September 2011



of Waveney Ironworks, Victoria Road, Diss
1879 Elijah Youngs listed in Victoria Road
Later took George Unwin and W. Swootman as partners
Produced portable and semi-portable steam engines
c.1908 portable engine on display at Bressingham Steam Museum, sole survivor of about 14 portable engines
1924 became a limited liability company
1939 The company was acquired by Sturgeon Brothers
See Also
Sources of Information
- Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press