E. Youngs and Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 27: | Line 27: | ||
<what-links-here/> | <what-links-here/> | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: Youngs}} | |||
[[Category: Town - Diss]] | [[Category: Town - Diss]] | ||
[[Category: Portable Engines]] | [[Category: Portable Engines]] |
Revision as of 18:03, 28 September 2011



of Waveney Ironworks, Victoria Road, Diss
1879 Elijah Youngs listed in Victoria Road
Later took George Unwin and W. Swootman as partners
Produced portable and semi-portable steam engines
c.1908 portable engine on display at Bressingham Steam Museum, sole survivor of about 14 portable engines
1924 became a limited liability company
1939 The company was acquired by Sturgeon Brothers
See Also
Sources of Information
- Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press