Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,713 pages of information and 247,105 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Burnbank Foundry Co: Difference between revisions

From Graces Guide
JohnD (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
PaulF (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
Burnbank Foundry Company of Falkirk
Burnbank Foundry Company of Falkirk


* 1860 Founded by William Mitchell. Also known as Wright's Foundry. Owned by a partnership of Mitchell and James Wright
1860 Founded by William Mitchell. Also known as Wright's Foundry. Owned by a partnership of Mitchell and James Wright


* 1875 Mitchell left.  
1875 Mitchell left.  


* 1908 Wright remained as Managing Director until his death in 1908 when the firm became a private limited company.  
1908 Wright remained as Managing Director until his death in 1908 when the firm became a private limited company.  


* J C Wright was managing director from 1908 until his death in 1933  
J C Wright was managing director from 1908 until his death in 1933  


* 1933 William Wright became managing director.  
1933 William Wright became managing director.  


* 1937 The company became part of [[Federated Foundries]]
1937 The company became part of [[Federated Foundries]]


* 1939 Company closed.
1939 Company closed.




Line 24: Line 24:
{{DEFAULTSORT: }}
{{DEFAULTSORT: }}
[[Category: Town - Burnbank]]
[[Category: Town - Burnbank]]
[[Category: Iron and Steel Works]]
[[Category: Iron and Steel]]
[[Category: Iron/Steel Foundry]]

Revision as of 18:40, 6 July 2012

Burnbank Foundry Company of Falkirk

1860 Founded by William Mitchell. Also known as Wright's Foundry. Owned by a partnership of Mitchell and James Wright

1875 Mitchell left.

1908 Wright remained as Managing Director until his death in 1908 when the firm became a private limited company.

J C Wright was managing director from 1908 until his death in 1933

1933 William Wright became managing director.

1937 The company became part of Federated Foundries

1939 Company closed.


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information