Hambling and Son: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 7: | Line 7: | ||
1854 Robert is described as a Whitesmith and bell hanger and a manufacturer of steam engines, implements and machines for agricultural use | 1854 Robert is described as a Whitesmith and bell hanger and a manufacturer of steam engines, implements and machines for agricultural use | ||
1864 Robert is listed at Norwich Road and Thomas is in the High Street. This is the last mention of Thomas | 1864 Robert is listed at Norwich Road and Thomas is in the High Street. This is the last mention of Thomas. | ||
1869 Self-feeding apparatus for thrashing machines. <ref>The Engineer 1869/04/30</ref> | |||
1875 Hambling and Son were listed as 'Engineers, millwrights, and manufacturers of prize patent self-feeding threshers' | 1875 Hambling and Son were listed as 'Engineers, millwrights, and manufacturers of prize patent self-feeding threshers' |
Revision as of 13:39, 18 October 2012
of Norwich Road, East Dereham
1836 Thomas and Robert Hambling are described as Brass founders
1845 They are known additionally as millwrights
1854 Robert is described as a Whitesmith and bell hanger and a manufacturer of steam engines, implements and machines for agricultural use
1864 Robert is listed at Norwich Road and Thomas is in the High Street. This is the last mention of Thomas.
1869 Self-feeding apparatus for thrashing machines. [1]
1875 Hambling and Son were listed as 'Engineers, millwrights, and manufacturers of prize patent self-feeding threshers'
1877 The business had been acquired by Charles Middleton
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Engineer 1869/04/30
- Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press