Letterkenny Railway: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 5: | Line 5: | ||
* 1883 On June 30th, the line, which is 16.5 miles in length, was opened for traffic. It is worked by the [[Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway]]. <ref>The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908</ref> | * 1883 On June 30th, the line, which is 16.5 miles in length, was opened for traffic. It is worked by the [[Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway]]. <ref>The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908</ref> | ||
1883 "...This railway, nineteen miles in length, connecting Letterkenny | |||
with the city of Londonderry, was opened for public traffic on | with the city of Londonderry, was opened for public traffic on | ||
Saturday, 30th June. The works were commenced as far back as | Saturday, 30th June. The works were commenced as far back as |
Revision as of 10:50, 2 June 2014
of Dublin
- 1860 The company was incorporated.
- 1883 On June 30th, the line, which is 16.5 miles in length, was opened for traffic. It is worked by the Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway. [1]
1883 "...This railway, nineteen miles in length, connecting Letterkenny with the city of Londonderry, was opened for public traffic on Saturday, 30th June. The works were commenced as far back as the year 1864, but, owing to financial difficulties, were abandoned in 1865. In 1880 an Act authorising the reduction of gauge to 3ft. was obtained, under which the railway has now been completed..." Read More.
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908