Thomas Meik and Sons: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 16: | Line 16: | ||
Later the brothers established themselves as '''P. W. and C. S. Meik.''' The company continued to make steady progress with docks, harbours and railway projects preeminent. | Later the brothers established themselves as '''P. W. and C. S. Meik.''' The company continued to make steady progress with docks, harbours and railway projects preeminent. | ||
1921 [[William Halcrow]] was taken into the partnership | 1921 [[William Thomson Halcrow]] was taken into the partnership | ||
1923 The partnership became known as [[C. S. Meik and Halcrow]] | 1923 The partnership became known as [[C. S. Meik and Halcrow]] |
Revision as of 12:09, 20 October 2014

Civil engineers, of Edinburgh and London.
1875 After W. D. Nisbet left the partnership with Thomas Meik, Meik then took into partnership his son, Patrick Walter Meik
A few years later another son, Charles Scott Meik joined the partnership.
The firm was reconstituted as Thomas Meik and Sons
Executed further important works, including the dock and harbour at Bo'ness, the harbour of Eyemouth and the Eyemouth Branch Railway, and acted as consulting engineers for the new dock at Silloth.
1888 Mr. Meik senior retired from business.
Later the brothers established themselves as P. W. and C. S. Meik. The company continued to make steady progress with docks, harbours and railway projects preeminent.
1921 William Thomson Halcrow was taken into the partnership
1923 The partnership became known as C. S. Meik and Halcrow