Richard Garrett Engineering Works: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 4: | Line 4: | ||
The company later became [[Richard Garrett and Sons]] | The company later became [[Richard Garrett and Sons]] | ||
1920 The company became part of [[AGE - Agricultural and General Engineers]] | |||
1932 Private company | 1932 Private company | ||
1932 | 1932 '''Richard Garrett and Sons''' was purchased by [[Beyer, Peacock and Co]] after the collapse of '''AGE'''. The business continued as [[Richard Garrett Engineering Works]]. | ||
1939 Last lorries produced but continued with other engineering work. | 1939 Last lorries produced but continued with other engineering work. |
Revision as of 16:48, 11 September 2015
of Leiston, Suffolk
1778 The company was founded by Richard Garrett.
The company later became Richard Garrett and Sons
1920 The company became part of AGE - Agricultural and General Engineers
1932 Private company
1932 Richard Garrett and Sons was purchased by Beyer, Peacock and Co after the collapse of AGE. The business continued as Richard Garrett Engineering Works.
1939 Last lorries produced but continued with other engineering work.
1961 General engineers and machine tool manufacturers.
1978 (1981?) The works closed.
Today, part of the factory is preserved as the Long Shop Steam Museum. The rest has been demolished and the land used for housing.
See Also