Wilkes: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 4: | Line 4: | ||
* 1840 Company established. | * 1840 Company established. | ||
* 1897 The company was registered on 2 March, as [[E. and T. Wilkes]], to take over the business of bolt, nut, and fencing manufacturers of '''Wilkes'''. In August, the name was changed back to the original title. <ref>The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908</ref> | |||
* 1890 Incorporated as a Limited Company. | * 1890 Incorporated as a Limited Company. |
Revision as of 15:13, 27 October 2008

of Grand Junction Works, Darlaston, Staffs
- 1840 Company established.
- 1897 The company was registered on 2 March, as E. and T. Wilkes, to take over the business of bolt, nut, and fencing manufacturers of Wilkes. In August, the name was changed back to the original title. [1]
- 1890 Incorporated as a Limited Company.
- 1914 Manufacturers of Bolts, Nuts, Rivets and Heavy Ironwork. Specialities: Railway and Tramway Fastenings, Constructional Ironwork. Employees 350. [2]
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- ↑ 1914 Whitakers Red Book