Black Castle, Bristol: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image:JD | [[Image:JD Arnos.jpg|thumb|]] | ||
[[Image:JD Arnos1.jpg|thumb|]] | [[Image:JD Arnos1.jpg|thumb|]] | ||
in Bath Road, Brislington, Bristol. | in Bath Road, Brislington, Bristol. |
Revision as of 21:37, 10 August 2016


in Bath Road, Brislington, Bristol.
Also known as Arno's or Arnos Castle, or Arnos Court Black Castle
Built in 1764 for William Reeve, a copper and brass producer, as an adjunct to his Arnos Court. The walls are mainly constructed from copper slag blocks.
The building is now a pub, hemmed in by busy roads and by Sainsbury's supermarket car park. The nearby Victorian Arnos Vale Cemetry provides a haven of tranquility.