Richard Garrett Engineering Works: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 13: | Line 13: | ||
1939 Last lorries produced but continued with other engineering work. | 1939 Last lorries produced but continued with other engineering work. | ||
1961 General engineers and machine tool manufacturers. | 1961 General engineers and machine tool manufacturers. <ref>[[1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE]]</ref> | ||
1978 (1981?) The works closed. | 1978 (1981?) The works closed. | ||
Line 26: | Line 26: | ||
==Sources of Information== | ==Sources of Information== | ||
<references/> | <references/> | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: Garrett, R}} | {{DEFAULTSORT: Garrett, R}} |
Revision as of 12:07, 24 November 2016
of Leiston, Suffolk
1778 The company was founded by Richard Garrett.
The company later became Richard Garrett and Sons
1920 The company became part of AGE - Agricultural and General Engineers
1932 Private company
1932 Richard Garrett and Sons was purchased by Beyer, Peacock and Co after the collapse of AGE. The business continued as Richard Garrett Engineering Works.
1939 Last lorries produced but continued with other engineering work.
1961 General engineers and machine tool manufacturers. [1]
1978 (1981?) The works closed.
Today, part of the factory is preserved as the Long Shop Steam Museum. The rest has been demolished and the land used for housing.
See Also