Charles Jones (1830-1913): Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
Charles Jones (1830-1913), architect at Ealing | Charles Jones (1830-1913), architect at Ealing | ||
Charles Jones, M. Inst. C. E., borough engineer of Ealing | Charles Jones, M.Inst.C.E., borough engineer of Ealing | ||
Born at Eccles | Born at Eccles | ||
---- | ---- | ||
'''1914 Obituary <ref>[[1914 Institution of Civil Engineers: Obituaries]]</ref> | '''1914 Obituary <ref>[[1914 Institution of Civil Engineers: Obituaries]]</ref> | ||
CHARLES JONES, born at Beccles, Suffolk, on the 13th March, 1830, died at Ealing on the 24th August, 1913. | |||
After receiving a municipal training, and practising for a time as an architect, he was appointed Engineer and Surveyor to Ealing Local Board in 1863, retaining this office under the Borough Council until his death. The urban development of the district necessitated many engineering works, which Mr. Jones carried out in addition to acting as Consulting Engineer to many other local authorities. | |||
Mr. Jones was elected an Associate of The Institution on the 2nd February, 1875, was subsequently placed among the Associate Members, and was transferred to the class of Members on the 3rd November, 1891. | |||
---- | ---- | ||
Latest revision as of 13:20, 28 August 2017
Charles Jones (1830-1913), architect at Ealing
Charles Jones, M.Inst.C.E., borough engineer of Ealing
Born at Eccles
1914 Obituary [1]
CHARLES JONES, born at Beccles, Suffolk, on the 13th March, 1830, died at Ealing on the 24th August, 1913.
After receiving a municipal training, and practising for a time as an architect, he was appointed Engineer and Surveyor to Ealing Local Board in 1863, retaining this office under the Borough Council until his death. The urban development of the district necessitated many engineering works, which Mr. Jones carried out in addition to acting as Consulting Engineer to many other local authorities.
Mr. Jones was elected an Associate of The Institution on the 2nd February, 1875, was subsequently placed among the Associate Members, and was transferred to the class of Members on the 3rd November, 1891.