Ernest Clement Skurray: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
Ernest Clement Skurray (c1864- ) of [[F. Skurray and Sons]] | Ernest Clement Skurray (c1864- ) of [[F. Skurray and Sons]] | ||
c1864 Born the son of [[Francis Skurray]] | |||
1899 Opened his first garage at an old chapel building in Princes Street, Swindon. | 1899 Opened his first garage at an old chapel building in Princes Street, Swindon. |
Revision as of 11:39, 25 November 2017
Ernest Clement Skurray (c1864- ) of F. Skurray and Sons
c1864 Born the son of Francis Skurray
1899 Opened his first garage at an old chapel building in Princes Street, Swindon.
In 1922, Skurray's moved to High Street, in Old Town, where Ernest opened a workshop behind a double-fronted house.
In 1926, both house and workshop were demolished to be replaced by a spectacular, timbered showroom on the corner of High Street and Newport Street.
1871 Living at West Field House, Farringdon, Berks: Francis Skurray (age 37 born Marlborough), Corn Merchant. With his wife Herta M. Skurray (age 28 born Challow, berks and their four children; Francis F. Skurray (age 6 born Swindon); Ernest C. Skurray (age 5 born Swindon); Stanley Skurray (age 4 born Swindon); Thomas Skurray (age 2 born Faringdon). Also a visitor William Henry Butt (age 33 born Stonehouse), Brewer. Three servants.[1]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1871 Census