Thomas Bradbury and Sons
of Arundel Street, Sheffield
Silversmiths
formerly William Watson and Bradbury
1832 Company formed by Thomas Bradbury (1763-1838) and his son Thomas Bradbury (1786-1855), as Thomas Bradbury and Son.
1855 the firm changed its name to Thomas Bradbury & Sons, under the partnership of Joseph and Edward Bradbury (sons of Thomas Bradbury (II).
1877 the partners were Thomas Bradbury III (brother of Joseph Bradbury) and John Sutherland Henderson.
1888 The partnership was dissolved and the firm was managed by Walton Turner Bradbury, Joseph Bradbury Jr and Frederick Bradbury (sons of Joseph Bradbury Sr).
1905 The business was converted into a limited liability company, under the style Thomas Bradbury & Sons Ltd.
1943 The company closed its activity.
1945 Assets acquired by Atkin Brothers (Silversmiths)
See Also
Sources of Information
- [1] Silver Collection