John Johnson (1780-1863)
John Johnson (c1780-1863)
1803 Married in Manchester to Betty Fildes
1806 Birth of Daughter Elizabeth (1806–1869)
1807 Birth of son Thomas Fildes Johnson
1809 Birth of son Richard Johnson
1811 Birth of son William Johnson
1816 Birth of daughter Mary
Early 19th century: John Johnson purchase the wire works on Long Millgate, Manchester, that had been established by James Howard (of Manchester).
1816 Formation of Russell, Johnson and Sharrocks
1818 Johnson moved the works to the corner of Hanging Ditch and Withy Grove. The business presumably became Johnson and Sharrocks
1828 Moved the business to Edge Street, Shudehill. The business expanded to additional premises in Dale Street, and in Lees Street, Ancoats.
1838 John Johnson handed his business to his sons, Richard and William; the name was changed to Richard Johnson and Brother.
1851 Living at Park Place, Broughton, Salford: John Johnson (age 71 born Manchester), Retired Wire Merchant. With his wife Elizabeth Johnson (age 69 born Manchester) and their daughter Elizabeth Johnson (age 44 born Manchester). Two servants.[1]
1863 October 10th. Died. Probate to his sons Thomas Fildes Johnson of Rose Bank, Bolton Road, Pendleton, a Merchant, and Richard Johnson of 27 Dale Street, Manchester, Iron Manufacturer, Wire Drawer and Galvaniser.
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1851 Census