John Haswell (Liverpool)
1834 John Haswell, listed as an ironfounder, Eagle Foundry, 6 Wood Street, Liverpool, and 3 Lark Lane, Toxteth Park.[1]
1860 NOTICE OF REMOVAL OF HASWELL'S EAGLE IRON FOUNDRY FROM 16, WOOD-STREET, TO THEIR NEW PREMISES, 25 SEEL-STREET, (Corner Of Concert-street, near Bold-street.)
Grate Manufactory, and all kinds of Plain and Ornamental Wrought and Cast Iron Work for building and other purposes.
N.B.— A large variety of Castings always kept in stock, and every description made to order.'[2]
At some point the Seel Street foundry was taken over by T. C. Clarke, who continued to produce similar products until 1875.
Note: Today the Epic Apart Hotel occupies 25 Seel Street address, which is at the junction of the north side of Seel Street with the west side of Concert Street. The outer appearance of the Victorian building is consistent with industrial use. On the opposite corner of Concert Street is the large former factory of T. and T. Vicars, now an hotel.