Electrical Manufacturing and Plating Co
Brothers Cyril French, Leonard French and Edgar French took over the Thames Valley Plating Works at 29 High Street, Hampton Wick, and created the Electrical Manufacturing and Plating Co, listed as ‘electrical instrument manufacturers’.
1924 Cyril perfected a design of loudspeaker; Leonard and Edgar French continued with the plating business.
1925 The Celestion loud speaker was launched by The Electrical Manufacturing and Plating Co, at a retail price of £6/10- (£6.50), with a choice of oak, walnut or mahogany cabinet. It was sold as ‘The Loud Speaker of Distinction’ and was favourably reviewed.
1943 Company removed from register of companies