Earl Fitzwilliam Colliery Co
1890 One of the principal coke makers of the Sheffield district
1905 The first sod for No. 1 shaft, at the new Elsecar Colliery, was cut on July 17, 1905 by T. Newbould, manager of the Earl Fitzwilliam Collieries Company.
1933 The Earl Fitzwilliam Colliery Co. was registered with a capital of £1.5m
1947 Nationalised on January 1, 1947.
See Also
Sources of Information
- [1] Yorkshire Post article